When it comes to radishes, our usual MO is to do as the French do: Slice them up and eat them with salted butter. It’s simplicity at its best. And it’s for that same reason we stopped in our veggie-loving tracks when our recipes editor told us about whole roasted radishes. Just toss a few bunches with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, and then get them in the oven. Seriously–that’s it. We love them alongside roast chicken or slow-cooked salmon…or sliced on bread smeared with salted butter. (Old habits die hard, you know.)
- 2 bunches radishes, ends and tops trimmed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss the radishes with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine.
3. Roast until the radishes are tender and browning at the edges, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm.
- 101 calories
- 10g fat
- 3g carbs
- 0g protein
- 1g sugars
Note: The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.