Christmas isn’t always about heavyweight feasts. What if you want a healthier Christmas treat? Did you think of a special Christmas salad? Yes, there can be a delicious and healthy salad for this festive season and you can easily whip it up in your kitchen. Salads, which are generally sidelined as boring food, can be interesting if the right ingredients and dressings are brought together in a bowl. Create magic this Christmas with a surprising salad bowl that mixes fresh vegetables with cheese, crushed nuts and a lot more. Dive into an assortment of flavours and textures that will burst into your mouth. All you need is an unfailing recipe that can make your Christmas salad special.
Chef Saransh Goila has heard our wish and he has served us with just the recipe that we were looking for. Sharing his recipe on Instagram, he wrote, “Which is your favourite Christmas salad? Mine has to be strawberry, candied walnuts and feta salad. Will you make it this Christmas? It’s pretty delicious.”
Here are the ingredients you will need to prepare his Christmas special salad:
Strawberries, 80g, sliced
Onion, 1 big piece, sliced
Cherry tomatoes, 6-8 pieces, halved
Avocado, 1 piece, diced
Castor sugar, 50g
Garlic, 10g, chopped
Olive oil, 50 ml
Balsamic vinegar, 20ml
Peanut butter, 15g
Salt to taste
Crushed black pepper to taste
Feta cheese, 30g, crumbled
Once you have all the ingredients with you, you can start making the salad. Here’s the procedure to rustle it up:
- Melt castor sugar in a pan until golden. Throw in the walnuts and coat them in the syrup. Set this aside to crystallise.
- After the sugar-coated walnuts crystallise, coarsely crush them.
- Put the crushed walnuts in a blender. Add garlic, olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar, peanut butter, salt and crushed black pepper. Blend all the ingredients together. This is the dressing for the salad.
- In a salad bowl, add arugula and baby spinach.
- Top it off with strawberries, onion, cherry tomatoes and avocado.
- Add feta cheese and walnuts to this salad.
- Drizzle a good amount of the dressing over the salad.
- Add spark to your salad bowl with star-shaped croutons.
Here is the recipe video: