Pepe Brussels Sprouts
Oh, cacio e pepe, we adore you. The simple combo of black pepper and cheese instantly elevates not only pasta but also pretty much every veggie (we’re looking at you, cauliflower). So we’re giving one of our favorite foods the cheesy-peppery treatment…and the results are glorious. Go ahead, dig into these cacio e pepe brussels sprouts with abandon.
- 1½ pounds brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup finely grated Pecorino Romano or Parmesan cheese, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. On a baking sheet, toss together the brussels sprouts, butter, olive oil and ½ cup of the cheese; season with salt and pepper. Spread out in an even layer.
2. Roast the brussels sprouts until tender and lightly golden, 17 to 20 minutes.
3. Top the brussels sprouts with the remaining ¼ cup cheese and more pepper, to taste.
- 141 calories
- 10g fat
- 8g carbs
- 7g protein
- 2g sugars
Note: The information shown is Edamam’s estimate based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.